Subscribe

NetApp OneCollect: The tool for easy, consolidated diagnostic data collection

This tool's interface is terrible. I often times can't open the software without reinstalling the entire program. Also, my credentials do not work when trying to upload documents to autosupport. Consider revamping this tool, or making another tool available for data collection.

Thank you.

Re: NetApp OneCollect: The tool for easy, consolidated diagnostic data collection

Hi @CB_ZF019,

Thanks your for the feedback.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.  We have completely redesigned the tool with many features and releasing on November 9th.  Please try the new OneCollect 1.2 release build and let us know your valuable feedback.  I will update you once we have posted OneCollect 1.2 in NetApp Support Site.  If you still face issues with it and also have trouble uploading AutoSupport or with login, we can have WebEx with you.

Thanks,

Pradeep,

OneCollect Product Manager.

Re: NetApp OneCollect: The tool for easy, consolidated diagnostic data collection

I cannot even start 1.2 (Win 10 64 bit). Nor is it even present in Start Menu (whatever it is called now in Win10). And documentation starts with listing wrong installation directory (32 bit instead of 64 bit).

Can't reach this page

Hmm, we can't reach this page.

Try this

And OneCollect.exe is running ...

TCP    127.0.0.1:8044         0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
 [OneCollect.exe]

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have since downloaded your new version of the tool (1.2) and am still unable to login. I will attach a picture of the detailed error message I receive...[object Object]...so you and your team can better troubleshoot what I might be doing incorrectly. 1.2 is definitely more visually appealing. I have yet to run a collection, because I was stopped at the login prompt...again...

Please note that I deleted my username/password for security reasons, but left the error message visible.

[ Edited ]

Hi @CB_ZF019,

Sorry for the inconvenience! This could have been a temporary issue with the sso authentication endpoint. Could you please try again and check if login works? Also, you could skip the login(Cancel) and proceed with data collection and choose to upload data later from 'Upload to AutoSupport' tab.

Thanks,

Nithin

[ Edited ]

Hi @aborzenkov,

Did you try restarting OneCollect process? What is the error you see while trying to connect -'not reachable', 'server error' or something else? If server error, you could try deleting the Db from <user home directory>/NetApp/OneCollect/Db and try launch again. If it just shows blank page, you could try clearing cache and reloading or try one of the other supported browsers.

Thanks,

Nithin