Subscribe

NetApp System Manager - Turn off alert on license issue

NetApp System Manager has a red problem icon globally because one of my systems does not have SnapVault secondary licenses on both half of the active / active cluster.  This is a minor issue and actions have been taken to address this issue.

However I would like to know how to tell NetApp System Manager to ignore this issue and return the system tray icon to "happy green".

Brendon

rle Former NetApp Employee

Re: NetApp System Manager - Turn off alert on license issue

The active/active pair license mismatch is a System Manger notification.  Currently, there is no way to acknowledge or turn-off, a notification.  Only reminders can be acknowledged.  Notifications are currently considered too important to turn-off and need to be fixed.  Burt 355912 has been filed on this issue.

Bren,

Snapvault primary/secondary license notification is a bug it should have an option to ack it. Rick has filed a burt to track this issue.

Thanks

Daniel

I will leave this thread open until the update / patch is applied.

I am finding Systems Manager to be a very powerful tool the more I use it.  It has flagged some mirror problems that had been missed by other tools.

Bren

> It has flagged some mirror problems that had been missed by other tools.

Nice to hear - can you share what it helped you fix?

THanks,

Steve

So far

Missing SNMP contact details on a pair of filers

Thanks - when you wrote "... some mirror problems ..." I think you may have meant "... minor problems ..." which confused me a little.

Thanks very much.

Steve

Sorry my bad.

Correction, I am finding NetApp System Manager to be very good and it can help resolve minor issues that normally go missed.

Software that fixes it's self.  The future today....

Answered