Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

New DFM Server Installation Issue

dkellynsi

I am trying to install a new DFM server in our environment, and the install does not get past the "Setting up SQL" portion of the install (the sybase service is running though).  I did open up a case with support, but they were not able to identify the issue either.  The specs for the server are as follows:

- Windows Server 2008 R2 Std. (version 7 virtual machine running on ESXi 4.1)

- 2 vCPUs

- 4 GB of RAM

- 50 GB of free disk space

Has anyone else run into this issue, or have any ideas on getting past this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dkellynsi

I was able to get DFM to install successfully by disabling the NICs during the install.  Once the SQL setup is complete, they can be re-enabled.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

adaikkap

Did you try reinstalling it ? Are there any ghost process of sql running ?

Regards

adai

dkellynsi

This was actually a clean install on a newly created VM.  I did try reinstalling after killing the install process, as well as a clean install of 4.0.  In both cases the installation continues to hang at the same point.

simon_hazell

Just wondering whether you ever got a fix for this issue?

I too have the same problem, running Windows 20008 R2 Standard on physical hardware, and installation gets stuck at "Setting up SQL".

This was on a clean install of 4.0.2 and then again on a reinstall.

Also tried 4.0 with the same result...

dkellynsi

I was able to get DFM to install successfully by disabling the NICs during the install.  Once the SQL setup is complete, they can be re-enabled.

simon_hazell

Gave it a go, and it worked. Strange, but good. Thanks for your help

brad_duane

I have this same problem when installing OnCommand Core 5.1, except instead of getting stuck at setting up SQL, it gets past that and gets stuck a few steps later at "Setting the operation mode to 7-Mode". Because of the different stage it got stuck, I did not find this thread and spent many hours troubleshooting with NetApp. Eventually, they had me try version 5.0.2, which instead DOES get stuck at setting up SQL, which lead me to find this thread.

Disabling the network card during install DID fix this issue in 5.1.

adaikkap

Hi Brad,

When you say, disabling the NIC, which are you talking about ?

Regards

adai

Public