Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Not showing active/active partner

stanleyj42

I have two groups of filers.  One set is in my production location and another is in DR.  When you look at the properties of my production filers they show the active partner inside of operations manager.  When I look at my dr filers the active/active partner is empty. 

The DR filers in system manager are showing as an HA Pair.  Is there a setting im missing somewhere in OPs manager or do I have something configured wrong on my filers.  The status for the filers is green.  Thanks.

Running oncommand 5.0

Ontap 8.1.2 7-mode

Fas 3240

10 REPLIES 10

AGUMADAVALLI

run the "dfm host diag" on the dfm server and verify the difference between the production and dr.

thank you

AK G

stanleyj42

Thank you for the reply but I'm sorry if this sounds a little silly but where is that exactly?  Under storage tools I ran the diagnose connectivity and the only difference I see it my dr filers show NONE under network connectivity>network where as my prod systems show the subnet they live on with (scanned) out beside it.

AGUMADAVALLI

please issue the "dfm host diag <filer>" at the CMD as administrator of windows or unix server.

thank you

AK G

AGUMADAVALLI

issue the command "dfm host list" too.

thank you

AK G

stanleyj42

The "host diag" command is the same as diagnose connectivity so the only setting that's showing different is that network option.  Dang it!  I have no idea how that's gets populated or if that even the reason why my controllers are showing in an active/active set.

When I run the list command it says Active/Active Controller with the hostname out beside it.

Thanks again AK. 

stanleyj42

AK,

I was able to now get all the diag settings to match but im still not showing my DR system as a cluster.  When I go to the cluster console I have this error "Cannot determine [filername] partners.

I guess its getting to be support ticket time.. 

AGUMADAVALLI

can you check the "cf monitor" and "cf status" on the filers of the pair please? this may give some insight to the situation.

thank you

AK G

stanleyj42

nap01a> cf monitor

current time: 22Apr2013 15:36:50

UP 01:12:15, partner 'nap01b', cluster monitor enabled

RDMA Interconnect is up (Link 0 up, Link 1 up), takeover capability on-line

partner update TAKEOVER_ENABLED (22Apr2013 15:36:50)

nap01a> cf status

Controller Failover enabled, nap01b is up.

RDMA Interconnect is up (Link 0 up, Link 1 up).

nap01b> cf monitor

current time: 22Apr2013 15:37:25

UP 01:08:40, partner 'nap01a', cluster monitor enabled

RDMA Interconnect is up (Link 0 up, Link 1 up), takeover capability on-line

partner update TAKEOVER_ENABLED (22Apr2013 15:37:24)

nap01b> cf status

Controller Failover enabled, nap01a is up.

RDMA Interconnect is up (Link 0 up, Link 1 up).

It all looks good to me

AGUMADAVALLI

The last thing, i can tell is if the mangement vlan and dfm server is different, you may experience this behavior.

Follow the below link and correct the snmp strings too.

http://jibbysununix.blogspot.com/2012/06/configure-oncommand-dfm-to-discover.html

thank you

AK G

stanleyj42

AK,

I found the problem.  I have no clue why one group of filers was polling for clusters and the other wasn't considering this is a global setting but Clustered Failover monitoring was set to off under the Setup options in the oncommand manager.

I set the poll interval for ever 12 hours just as a test did a refresh on my filers and boom!!  it showed that they are in a clustered setup. 

So I have no idea how the other filers where showing this info with the setting turned off.  I want to thank you very much for helping get this solved today.

Public