Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCI 7.Xand BMC Atrium 8.X and BMC DATA PUMP 3.1.05.

romeoc

Hello All,

Please, I have a customer with OCI 7.0.0 integrated with BMC Atrium 8.X and BMC DATA PUMP 3.1.05.

They are bumping in several product issues, so i'm going to propose an upgrade, but i cannot find any supportability matrix for OCI 7.1 and BMC.

In any case , i'm writing to ask your help, I have several choices:

1) Apply the latest patch  the latest patch for 7.0.0 : please I need the right path on gate.onaro.com

2) install oci.  7.0.2.  : I need information about the supportability matrix with bmc

3)  install Oci 7.1  : I need information about the supportability matrix bmc

I' m going to customer site tomorrow.  So I would like to know the best for their.

In the while , they had some problems with BMC BPPM and our snmp trap. I gathered wireshark trace, so i need your opinion if our

packets are right. In attach the WStrace and the files compiled by BPPM for our mib.

Best regards

Romeo Cesarato

1 REPLY 1

ostiguy

Hey Romeo,

Getting the customer off of OCI 7.0.0 is a good idea - there has been a ton of enhancements since then.

Our partner who wrote the BMC connector is working to update the support matrix within a month. However, we are fairly confident that OCI 7.1.0 or 7.0.x will not have any problems with it as it sits today - the connector is using dwh_inventory data, and the changes to that data mart have been additive, so the risk of breakage is very low

Matt

Public