Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCUM 6.4 Failed to import report, design file contents cannot be used

SashiManyala

Hello

I'm trying to upload a custom report (example: new_report.rptdesign) but keep getting “Failed to import report. Error occurred while validating the report. The design file contents cannot be used to generate report in one or more supported report formats. See log for more details.”  error. I tried looking at the OCUM logs and didn't find much related to this.

The report is a very basic single table report designed in BIRT (eclipse). All the required dependecies appear to be taken care of. 

Does anyone have an idea on what may be the problem here?

Thanks in advance . 

5 REPLIES 5

madden

Hi @SashiManyala

My understanding is when you import the report on the OCUM server it tries to generate all possible output types and one of them is failing.  The error is logged in some log file on the OCUM server, so downloading a support bundle and searching is one one to find it, but instead I would try generating all output formats from the BIRT report designer and see if/where it errors.  

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

SashiManyala

Thanks for the response.

Able to view reports in all the formats. I tried to run in Debug mode (Run -> Debug Report), getting the below error...may be an issue with Java?

Jul 06, 2016 12:42:41 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.vm.ReportVMServer start
INFO: [Server] client accepted
Jul 06, 2016 12:42:41 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.vm.ReportVMServer$1 run
INFO: [Server] enter request dispatching
Jul 06, 2016 12:42:41 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.launcher.ReportLauncher configEngine
INFO: User class path received:
Jul 06, 2016 12:42:43 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.vm.ReportVMServer$1 run
WARNING: [Server] client disconnected

Error1.png

madden

Hi @SashiManyala

From a previous experience the logs to check are ocum-report.log & jboss.log.  So you could generate a support bundle and then check these files.  

I also found some notes that might help:
a. It works when the .rptdesign file contains at least one table element.
b. It fails when the .rptdesitgn file doesn't contain a table element.
c. It fails when the table element used in .rptdesign file has header with a column which which has colspan more than 1.

I also recommend opening a NetApp support case to help on this one...

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

SashiManyala

Appreciate your help.

Have opened a ticket with NetApp support. Will post an update if there is any resolution or workaround.

tuncay

Hi,

I have same problem and could not find any solution.

And also opened ticket about this but Netapp tech engineer said they can not help about creating custom report.

Thanks,

Tuncay

Public