Community

Subscribe
Highlighted

OCUM 6.x on VMware Fusion howto

[ Edited ]

i tried to get the ovf running on my mac with Fusion, but it always stucks on applying the customized ip settings.

- at first it failed to get an IP Address via dhcp

- if i try to change ip settings with the command 2

changing the parameters for my environment

it fail on applying the settings, because it is not reachable on configured IP

if i check the Interface IP Settings (eth0) shows a configuration without Network, Gateway and DNS Nameserver

Then i used the Options 2) Changing IP Address Settings to do the settings again,

Are these settings correct? y

9 Commit Changes

Do you want to commit the changes? y

... take some seconds an come back with

Note: Commit failed due to an unexpected error.

The pending changes made in the maintenance console have been discarded.

during the apply changes process i saw some successful pings getting through, after the error silence again...

wtf is going on in the background, why there is no access to the host itself, looks like the bs script is not properly working !

any idea ??

Re: OCUM 6.1 on VMware Fusion howto

Hi IMHOTEPSON,

>i tried to get the ovf running on my mac with Fusion,

This would result in an unsupported configuration of OCUM6.X

OCUM 6.X is supported only for VMware ESX deployments

Please refer the latest supported configuration matrix on IMT site (http://mysupport.netapp.com/matrix/)

Thanks

Srinivas

not very helpful, thank you, but i do not like to go in production with this, so thats not the problem...;(

so why it should not be possible to get this bs vmdk running on fusion, the ontap sim vmdk (okay 8.2) is also usable on fusion.

HI IMHOTEPSON,

>so why it should not be possible to get this bs vmdk running on fusion,

VMware tools present on VMware ESX server are bit different from VMware tools of VMplayer/Fusion.

HGFS host guest filesystem drivers in VMware tools fails while we bootup the ova

and we also see the networking drivers(vmxnet3) not working with fusion/vmplayers

ocum6.x is supported only on VMware ESX servers today.

there is a plan for alternate  installers in upcoming release similar to OCUM 5.x

Thanks

Srinivas

okay, i think if you want to push CONTAP you should go forward with this, lets wait a while until you are ready to go with this environment

should be not so tricky to respekt this on exporting the vm to the ova ?!

FWIW, I got OCUM 6.0 running under VMware Fusion and also later upgraded to 6.1. I think I hit the same problem trying to change network parameters but in my case it successfully obtained a DHCP address and I've just lived with it that way. Good enough for learning and testing in a Fusion-based lab environment. This ought to a supported option.

Re: OCUM 6.x on VMware Fusion howto

[ Edited ]

6.2 still not available for vmWare Fusion, poooor ;(

whitch tatically decision is behind

- ONTAP 8.3 for fusion

- OCUM 6.x only for ESX

??

just split brain development ?

->  so that looks like netapp developers are not really working together with the same target !?