Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OM qtree quota monitoring and Ontap 7.3.3

pascalduk

After upgrading a filer to Ontap 7.3.3P1 Operations Manager (3.8.1 linux) does retrieve qtree quotas anymore, except for qtrees that are assigned to vfilers. New qtrees that are not assigned to a vfiler are reported with status "unknown".

After switching to snmp quota monitoring, by setting hostlogin back to blank, quota monitoring works.

After downgrading the filer to 7.3.2P5 quota monitoring works again.

I have a case open for this problem, but I was wondering if others encountered the same issue since 7.3.3 has the GD status.

10 REPLIES 10

m_schuren

Yes, same problem here.

We also have a case open. Bug ID 422724.

Question: do you see any tradeoff when switching to SNMP based monitoring (i.e. login credentials unset for the filer in OM)? Especially when ProtectionManager is used?

I fear to get other problems with monitoring and protection manager when unsetting the credentials...

pascalduk

Same bug number here and still no solution. The case owner suggested setting hostEnableSNMPBasedQtreeMonitoring to on and hostEnableUserQuotas to off for the 7.3.3 hosts to get SNMP quota monitorin to work, but that did not work in my case.

Removing the login credentials is not an option for me, as it breaks more than that it fixes. I did it temporarily to find out what the problem is.

m_schuren

I also played with hostEnableSNMPBasedQtreeMonitoring and hostEnableUserQuotas in DFM, but this did also not change anything. I'm unable to force DFM to use SNMP for the qtree monitoring without removing the login credentials for a host, but indeed this breaks more things in my environment (ProtectionManager).

When I hear of a fix or D-release I'll let you know.

rmharwood

We've come across the bug also, with OM 4.0 on Linux. Don't see the option "hostEnableSNMPBasedQtreeMonitoring" available:

# dfm option set hostEnableSNMPBasedQtreeMonitoring=Yes
Error: hostEnableSNMPBasedQtreeMonitoring is not a valid option.

mark_tanner

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone had managed to resolve this yet.  We have lost qtree capacity/graphs since filers were upgraded to 7.3.3    filers on 7.3.2 seem to be fine so its just this later version.

I have looked through the DFM settings as much as I can and I can't see to find the settings suggested above.

Any help would be much appreciated

Mark

pascalduk

I was told that the issue has been resolved in a D release of version 4.0.

The public release of the fix should arrive this week .... if it does not get delayed again

adaikkap

This is fixed in dfm version 4.0D12 and latter.

regards

adai

mark_tanner

Excellent   Many thanks guys

Mark

pascalduk

And it got delayed again to mid October

pascalduk

Waiting for another month for 4.0.1 was getting unacceptable and therefore I upgraded to 4.0D12. Now qtree quota monitoring is working again

Public