Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OSSV Conformance break

emanuel

Hello everyone .... have a OSSV / Protection Manager issue at a customer site.

Based on what I am seeing, here is the issue ...

Protection Manager is managing a OSSV policy between a client system and a NetApp storage controller.  On the NetApp storage controller the destination volume was destroyed and recreated ( same controller, same volume name ) but then conformance broke.

Trying to remember rules of engagement ...

-     If you remove a destination volume ( for whatever reason ) and recrated it ... can you "reconform" that relationship?

-     Is there a way to repair a broken relationship?

4 REPLIES 4

adaikkap

Hi Emanuel

-     If you remove a destination volume ( for whatever reason ) and recrated it ... can you "reconform" that relationship?

Yes, if you add it to the Backup node and the volume satisfies all the conformance checks like,
1.32 times the source volume size,
Inode number is below the threshold.
volume used space is below the vol full or nearly full threshold.
The containing Aggr of the volumes is below full or nearly full threshold.

-     Is there a way to repair a broken relationship?

Not as such in Protection Manager.You can use the filer snapvault commands to resync or restart and import the relationship into a dataset in PM.

Regards

adai

emanuel

Adai

My head is spinning but that is a normal state 🙂 Check out my RED comments

Yes, if you add it to the Backup node and the volume satisfies all the conformance checks like,
1.32 times the source volume size ( at a minimum? )
Inode number is below the threshold.( how can i check if the inode number of the new destination volume is below the threashold and which threshold? )
volume used space is below the vol full or nearly full threshold ( on the new destination volume? )
The containing Aggr of the volumes is below full or nearly full threshold.

Thanks, Emanuel

marlon

Was the original secondary volume destroyed on the filer ?

If that is the case, then it would seem you'll have to create a new OSSV relationship.

adaikkap

My head is spinning but that is a normal state :-) Check out my RED comments

Yes checking it

1.32 times the source volume size ( at a minimum? )

Yes.

inode number is below the threshold.( how can i check if the inode number of the new destination volume is below the threashold and which threshold? )

you can check the same in the followin report.

dfm report view volumes-thresholds <volume name>

inodes use the volume full and volume nearly full threshold to generate events.They dont have thresholds of their own.

volume used space is below the vol full or nearly full threshold ( on the new destination volume? )

Yes.

Regards

adai

Public