Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OSSV Host agent windows sbs2003 not detected. Password issue

vemery999

Hi,

I have an issue with my windows small business 2003. I try to snapvault with OSSV and I installed the host agent and OSSV to do a relationship managed by protection manage and OnCommand 5.

All worked fine durring 2 or 3 weeks. Since few days, the host agent is not detected in protection manager, and my relationships are Quiescing.

I already reinstall host agent on the windows serveur, reinstall OSSV does not solve the issue. I know that the fact of reinstall OSSV delete my relationship on the windows server side.

A netstat -a show me that the port 4092 is open. The NDMP port is detected on the protection manager and the credential is good

A install wireshark on the windows server and I see the frame from protection manager to destination port 4092. I also capture response frame from the windows server to protection manager.

But for Host agent, nothing. Host agent: not detected and Host Agent credential unknown

In the log ntap_agent.log I can see:

Sep 05 16:10:26 [ntap_agent: WARN]: Failed to lookup account name for user admin (1332)

When I lunch the dfm command:

dfm host diag srvname

I have the message: Host agent login : Failed (Login or Password not set for this host)

My question:

Where can I change (or set) the host agent user/password on the windows server ?

Where can I change (or set) the host agent user/password on protection manager, because the diagnos OSSV host Wizard seems not  work ?

Thanks

Regards

Vincent

1 REPLY 1

vemery999

Hi,

I realized that all my host agents have the same error when I run the DFM HOST DIAG SRVNAME command

But other are deteced and working well, exept only one.

I tried to install old OSSV and Host agent 2.6, but still doesn't work.

Regards

Vincent

Public