Subscribe

OSSV partial failures

I'm trying to set up a new OSSV host through the NetApp Management Console.  It ran a few times, but now the job gets a few errors and completes with a Job Status of Partially Failed.   The errors I see are the following

ATLFAS02:/OSSV_REMOTE_backup_1: Primary directory ssi-file:C:/ is not ready for backup (Uninitialized; Idle).

ATLFAS02:/OSSV_REMOTE_backup_1: Primary directory ssi-file:G:/ is not ready for backup (Uninitialized; Idle).

The system state works fine on the system.  

The C: drive is local hard disks.  The G: drive is ISCSI attached storage.

Any ideas?

Re: OSSV partial failures

I'm seeing a similar issue with one of my OSSV Datasets.  The Primary directory is not ready for backup (Uninitialized; Idle).  It's on the same server as another directory that is working.  Permissions are correct.  I was hoping to find something for this and ran across your question and hope perhaps someone will respond.

Thx

Re: OSSV partial failures

I see this hasn't generated any responses.  I've found one item  that we're looking at since it is the only difference found from the other working selections.  The Qtree Security Style is set to Unix and the others are NTFS.  I suspect this could have some impact but until I get it changed we aren't certain.

Re: OSSV partial failures

Can you get the output of the failed job details ?

Regards

adai

Re: OSSV partial failures

Also you give the version of OSSV you are using the OS on which its installed. The DFM version and the version of the filer to which its backedup.

Regards

adai

Re: OSSV partial failures

I've seen this issue many times and always seems to be when creating a new relationship through DFM. I have found that the best way to resolve this issue is to firstly amend the 'sv_configurator' settings on the OSSV host to turn off the BLI database backup, this tends to speed up the backup time as this is a very large file. Also check obvious settings such as the access list isn't restricting the Filer.

Then I would manually create the SnapVault relationship using the CLI from the Destination filer, once this is done, perform the initial transfer and an update to confirm that the relationship is working.

NB. If using the 'snapvault status -l' command you find that the relationship already exists I would completely remove the relationship using 'snapvault stop' and 'snapvault release' commands on the source and destination.

Once this relationship has been created and is updating OK, create a Dataset within DFM with no resources attached to it, then on the External Relationships tab import the OSSV job into the control panel using the Import wizard.

Good Luck    

Re: OSSV partial failures

From the error message, looks like the baseline has not happened, and an update is attempted. We should also look at primary snapvault  log for any errors.

Regards

adai