Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OSSV....

detstorage

Hi All,

I’m having issues with creating relationships with a few OSSV clients. Jobs are failing intermittently due to flaky WAN links with the standard error, (could not read from socket), the job then restarts 8 hours later. Is this a configurable DFM option, that I can change to restart earlier?

I’ve also changed OSSV retry option for these relationships snapvault modify –t 10 -S ossv1:c:\ fas1:/vol/backups/ossv1

But this option is set on the Filer, per snapvault relationship, is there a global option in Protection Manager?

This option seems to work well with taking a checkpoint restart but sometimes the relationship becomes idle and again after 8 hours kicks off again, this is frustrating when you’re trying to pull 50GB down a 4Mb link.

I have managed to fix most of my issues by throttling down the link speed with the WAN.CFG,  but I want to know about the above options?

Regards,

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

detstorage

Anyone????

seshu

Mark,

Looks like the issue is more with the network in your case, Not sure why there is lag of 8 hrs ( may be depends on the next update schedule configured). Looks like there is no retry option from the protection manager side, it has to be set on the filer.

Please open a case with the support centre and upload all the logs corresponding to OSSV and Snapvault for further investigation.

detstorage

Hi Seshu,

Thanks for the reply,

You mentioned, "may be depends on the next update schedule configured", where is this option to configure? Failed relationship backups are restarting 8 hours later and not at the next dataset backup.

Yes I have logged a call with NetApp.

Regards,

Mark

Public