Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand Core / DFM Hyper-V Datasets Warning

CJSCOLTRINITY

I've created a number of datasets in OnCommand Core / DFM for my Hyper-V storage.  As the storage is protected by SnapManager for Hyper-V, because OnCommand Host 1.1 no longer support Hyper-V, I have assigned the default "No protection" protection policy to the datasets which has no backup schedules assigned to it.

All of these datasets are listed with an Overall Status of Warning.  The only thing I can see that could be causing this warning status is the fact that there is no schedule associated with the protection policy and the protection status in the OnCommand Console is listed as uninitialised.  I have also assigned a provisioning policy to these datasets and they are all being displayed as Conformant with a resource and space status of Normal.  I want to be able to use a provisioning policy to monitor the volumes but do not want Protection Manager taking snapshots of the volumes as this will be done by SMHV.  Any suggestions on how I need to configure this so that the Overall Status is displayed as normal when there is no protection policy required and there are no issues with the provisioning policy?

I have tried creating a dataset without assigning a protection policy to it but it is still listed with an overall status of warning with the protection status of uninitialised and a message that there is no protection policy assigned.

7 REPLIES 7

crocker

is this one that your team handles or should the question be asked in the NetApp Support Community?

adaikkap

Overall status is an OR of resource, protection,conformance and space. Since the dataset is not protected, it couldn't be because of conformance or protection its should either be because of resource or space status.Below is the same I created

Regards

adai

CJSCOLTRINITY

This is what I am seeing

and when I click on the button in the details at the bottom next to protection I get this message

adaikkap

Can you check the same in NetApp Management Console, you are checking it in OnCommand Console.

Regards

adai

CJSCOLTRINITY

adaikkap

Can you click against each of the elipsis button namely resource pools, physical resource and exports on the lower right hand corner in NMC and see what events are there ?

Regards

adai

CJSCOLTRINITY

This is for the dataset that was highlighted in the previous screenshot I sent you as it only has one volume included in it.

Physical Resources

Exports

Resource Pools

Public