Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand Core and Data ONTAP 8.1 7-mode readiness

stjerna

I have a couple of customers who have either upgraded or are about to upgrade their secondary systems to Data ONTAP 8.1, mainly to get access to larger dedupe volumes.

So I remember when the FAS3200 came out, we had to manually add entries for the controller models and DOT versions for the max dedupe size.

The question then is, will we need to do something similar for 8.1?

If known, what version of OnCommand Core will you need to:

* have the correct definitions for max dedupe (and potentially volume) sizes of DOT 8.1?

* be able to migrate data between 32 and 64 bit aggregates using "Manage Space" in the NMC?

* be able to enable compression together with dedupe in a Provisioning Policy?

Thanks in advance,

Erik Stjerna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

Hi Erik,

Here are my responses to some of your questions.

* be able to migrate data between 32 and 64 bit aggregates using "Manage Space" in the NMC?

This is coming in OnCommand 5.1

This is not planned for any release. Pls raise a RFE if you want this to be included.

* have the correct definitions for max dedupe (and potentially volume) sizes of DOT 8.1?

I will check and confirm on this.

Regards

adai

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

adaikkap

Hi Erik,

Here are my responses to some of your questions.

This is coming in OnCommand 5.1

This is not planned for any release. Pls raise a RFE if you want this to be included.

I will check and confirm on this.

Regards

adai

Public