Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand System Manager 2.0.2 for Mac OSX

amritad

Disclaimer on OnCommand System Manager 2.0.2 for Mac OSX

============================================================================

We currently do not officially support Systems Manager on the Mac OSX Platform.

However, we do have a build (based on the current Systems Manager build) that will run natively on a Mac OSX platform.

This will be supported on a best-effort volunteer basis via the communties. There is no engineering or NGS support for this build.

There will be no guarantee for support nor commitment to providing an OSX based client in future releases.

============================================================================

Thanks for supporting System Manager.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amritad

The 2.1 MAC OSX is available here:

https://communities.netapp.com/thread/25454

Regards

Amrita

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

CCOLEMAN_

quick turn around! Thanks!

martijnvana

Heal to the King!

knorman

Working good on mountain Lion, this beats running a VM.  One question, is anyone else having issues with copy and paste?  When I use Command + C is doesn't copy to the clipboard.  If I right click and select copy it works fine.  Just something I noticed and was wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

mvintinner

Glad to see this is still alive (although a little hard to find).  I'm in the middle of an EMC v. NetApp bakeoff and this app is one of the "Pros" in the NetApp column.  Please keep up the good work!

BTW, I created a quick icon to replace the one that comes with the app if anyone is interested:  http://flakshack.deviantart.com/art/NetApp-Flurry-style-icon-274978556

randall_swanson

I am having issues with column sizing.  When I open a window, the columns are too narrow to read data and there does not seem to be a way to resize all at once.  Is this a known issue or something that might be unique to my machine?  Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Running Lion.

knorman

@Randall.  I just double checked my installation and I'm not having the same issue.  I was just able to resize the columns in the volume, LUN and Exports view.  I'm guessing there may be something going on with you local system.

randall_swanson

I can resize. My problems are the default column sizes are too small and to resize I need to resize one at a time. If you are not seeing this, I can look for a solution.

Randy

Sent from my iPhone

amritad

Hope the issue is resolved now. I can resize on my system.

REgards

Amrita

fokusnetapp

I had the same symptomes. It looked like a Java problem for me and I could fix it's by upgrading to Java 7 Update 10.

Best Regards

Juergen

orourke

Do I need to "uninstall" the previous release of System Manager 2.0 before installing 2.0.2???

amritad

For 2.0.2 yes. In upcoming releases and in the 2.x beta (do try it out) upgrade is fixed.

REgards

Amrita

orourke

So, if I go with the 2.x Beta (on MAC), I can install over the top of the 2.0 release??

amritad

I think it should work. though I haven't tested the MAc build for this option . Save your config files before trying this out.

REgards

Amrita

rojem

I installed over top of the old one.  I haven't seen any issues so far, but your milage my vary.

Ernest

orourke

I removed the .app file for System Manager 2.0  and did the install of 2.x Beta.  Everything seems ot be OK.

amritad

Good to know !!! Please keep your feedback on the MAC build coming and do share your experiences with it

REgards

Amrita

dburkland

Downloading now, thanks!

Dan

seno

Hi,

In a somewhat related topic, I got the NetApp Management Console (linux) to work on my MacBook rather easily.  Normally, on a linux host, it would be started from a shell script:

#!/bin/sh

LINKPATH=`readlink -f $0`

INSTALLDIR=`dirname $LINKPATH`

CP=lib/jpf-boot.jar

cd "$INSTALLDIR";jre-1.6.0/bin/java -splash:images/netapp/splash-netapp.png -Xms25m -Xmx512m -classpath $CP -Dversion=3.2 -Dvendor=netapp org.java.plugin.boot.Boot  > /dev/null

So I took the last line and, launching from the install dir, modified it a bit and ran it from the command line:

java -splash:images/netapp/splash-netapp.png -Xms25m -Xmx512m -classpath lib/jpf-boot.jar -Dversion=3.2 -Dvendor=netapp org.java.plugin.boot.Boot

Just basically using the OS X jre and telling it where the jpf-boot.jar file is located.  Started right up and ran perfectly.

I'm no Apple developer, so I wouldn't know how to wrap this in an .app format, but thought I'd pass it along anyway.

advunijz1

Works fine on 10.8.2, thanks amrita!

murphytomg

I am a newbie to OnTAPP 8.    Just updated our 2040 to 8.1 and now trying to figure out how to manage it since the web interface is gone.

I have installed the System Manager on a windows VM and it works.

I have installed the MAC version on my Mountain Lion system and get "blocked plugin-n".

I don't use JAVA on the MAC.   I can't seem to find any pointers on how to resolve this through a Google search.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Public