Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand System Manager 2.1 for Mac OSX

amritad

Disclaimer on OnCommand System Manager 2.1 for Mac OSX

============================================================================

We currently do not officially support Systems Manager on the Mac OSX Platform.

However, we do have a build (based on the current Systems Manager build) that will run natively on a Mac OSX platform.

This will be supported on a best-effort volunteer basis via the communties. There is no engineering or NGS support for this build.

There will be no guarantee for support nor commitment to providing an OSX based client in future releases.

============================================================================

Thanks for supporting System Manager.

31 REPLIES 31

jeras

When I start the System Manager 2.1 Mac OS X build, I'm getting a dialog pop up that shows an error message of "null".  I click "OK" and then the storage system list appears.  Why would I be getting a "null' dialog pop-up message?  I'm running OS X 10.8.2 & Java version 7 update 9.

Thanks!

Ken

bschramm

Odd...  Been working fine for me; same configuration.

amritad

I re-tested the same config. IT seems to work for me also. IS anyone else seeing this issue?

Regards

Amrita

jeras

When I attempt to sign-in to one of my storage systems, I'm getting a pop-up as well with an option for more details on the error.  Here's the detail context:

==ERROR==

com.netapp.nwf.client.communication.ResponseException

==TIME==

2013-01-07 13:45:59,587

==MESSAGE==

==DETAILS==

No details are available.

==CORRECTIVE ACTION==

No suggested corrective action is available.

==LOCATION==

Location is not specified.

==BROWSER INFO==

App Name: Netscape

App Version: 5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/536.26.14 (KHTML, like Gecko)

App Codename: Mozilla

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/536.26.14 (KHTML, like Gecko)

Platform: MacIntel

Cookie Enabled: true

jeras

I was able to resolve this.  The resolution was described in the readme file for the "System Loading Spinning Wheel" situation.  I renamed the existing System Manager configuration file and restarted System Manager.  I then received the message about the browser not being set and once I set that value to /bin/date, System Manager worked fine.  For grins, I then switched config files and brought up System Manager under my old config file.  The "null" error returned and I checked the browser setting and found that it was empty in my old config file.  I set the value and attempted to save the change, but the change would not save with my old config file.

I've solved the issue by renaming my old config file again, letting System Manager create a new config file, setting the browser value, restarting System Manager and re-adding the storage systems in our lab.

Thanks!

Ken

aarong

is there a version of system manager that works on mac and supports 8.2 ontap?

amritad

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your feedback on the EVP community please keep it coming . We don't have a build yet but we will be making it available close to release.

Regards

Amrita

admops

Anyword on a version for 8.2?

I'm not being able to authenticate using this version, and with filerview gone (uugh), I kind of need access to my devices that allow for multiple people to be looking at it, console is limited to a single user.

Thanks

-Tory

==ERROR==

com.netapp.nwf.client.communication.ResponseException

==TIME==

2013-04-03 21:31:27,864

==MESSAGE==

Internal Server Error

==DETAILS==

No details are available.

==CORRECTIVE ACTION==

No suggested corrective action is available.

==LOCATION==

Location is not specified.

==BROWSER INFO==

App Name: Netscape

App Version: 5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_5) AppleWebKit/534.57.7 (KHTML, like Gecko)

App Codename: Mozilla

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_5) AppleWebKit/534.57.7 (KHTML, like Gecko)

Platform: MacIntel

Cookie Enabled: true

kunalm

Due to NetApp Global Trade Compliance regulations, we cannot host any software on Communities. For the same we had to remove the unsupported Mac version of System Manager from communities. We are trying to find an alternative to make it available.

Thanks

Kunal

arthursc0

This is really annoying,

No one is telling anyone where the downloads are. I have 13 Netapp filers and at the very least I expect to be told where the download is available for OSX.

Will someone just post the link or something.

Colin.

brittdennis

Agreed!

rbullock

I need version 2.0.2, but can't find the download link on the thread anywhere. Is there even a link on this page for 2.1?

satechelp

where can I download the file?

VLPAR_DBA

I'm also looking for the download. Can anyone show us in the right direction?

LEONHOFFMAN

As a Netapp customer, I am also requesting OSX Support for OnCommand Systems Manager; please don't let this thread die.

BERRYS1965

Hi All

I am also looking for a link to download OnCommand System Manager 2.1 for OSX and would very much appreciate any advice that anyone may have.
Kind Regards

Scott

martijnvana

Same here.

A download link would be appreciated.

It's a shame that netapp revoked the download link due to legal issues.

Maybe it is better that Netapp recognizes that a Mac is going the be more and more a daily workstation for IT professionals.

kunalm

We are actively working for a workaround to make the Mac build available to NetApp community. We will have an update for you soon.

Thanks

Kunal

ASWINIKUMAR_REDDY

working fine for me; same configuration

VIVISIMOIT

where do we find the download?

Public