Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Oncommand System Manager & Data Fabric Manager connection

KRUPESH1980

Hello Friends,

I am new bee for this NetApp applications....

I recently download and install Oncommand System Manager (OCSM) 2.0r1d1, Data Ontap Simulator 8.1  and Data Fabric Manager (DFM) 4.0.2.

I had installed OCSM on windows 7 laptop , installed Data ontap simulator by VMWare Workstation on windows 7 laptop..both on same machine..

And i configure Data Fabric Manager on Virtual Machine on Windows Server 2008 R2..this virtual machine assign us by our lead and we used tht by Remote Desktop Connection from same laptop which has OCSM and Ontap simulator.....so everything set up...

Now...i want to configure DFM and OCSM ....because i want to create dataset from my Virtual Machine using one of our company's application which i had on virtual machine...through DFM...

So ..please let me know how can i configure that ....and let me know if i did wrong or need to take any action regarding those applications which i already installed....

If anyone knew about step by step process for this configuration than please share with me...i really appreciate ...and thankful to you...

Regards,

Krupesh

11 REPLIES 11

neric

Hello Krupesh,

The first thing I can say is that you will want to download OnCommand 5.0 instead of Operations Manager 4.  If you plan on using your simulator in C-mode, you may want to consider downloading the OnCommand 5.1 beta found elsewhere on this site.

System Manager and OnCommand will both need persistent connections to your simulator if you want to monitor or configure.  If you are running some of these items on your local machine, you'll need to ensure that they are connected at all times.

I'm not sure where you are having difficulty.  Have you set up the simulator yet?  Are you able to have System Manager log into it and see the configuration?  Setting up policies in OnCommand can be a pretty detailed process.  What are you trying to accomplish there?

KRUPESH1980

Hello Neric,

I had simulator 8.1 7-mode (windows)..OnCommand System Manager 2.0r1d1 and DFM 4.0.2....

KRUPESH1980

Ya Neric...everything i setup and i also had licenses in Oncommand Manager..i did see oncommand system manager view...through IE browser....but problem is...when i shutdown my laptop and turn on afterwhile ...and when i was open Oncommand system Manager my ip didn't discover ..and when i was pinging tht IP on cmd..no reply back from IP...and i had error in Oncommand System Mnager tht no SNMP access .....so i had big issue at tht point...i have no idea why that happen..if i didn't shutdown my laptop than that simulator IP stay there...

Do you have any idea y this happen ???

Regards,

Krupesh

neric

It sounds like your simulator is using a DHCP address.  Give it a static IP.  In fact give OnCommand a static IP as well.  If you can run your simulator on the same VMware server on which OnCommand is running, you will probably be better off.

1VINAYKUMAR

Hi Krupesh,

can u please let me know from where you have downloaded Data Fabric Manager (DFM) 4.0.2.

regards

VINAY

adaikkap

Hi Vinay,

You should find it in the NetApp Support Site. Is there any specific reason why you are looking for DFM 4.0.2 ? We already have OnCommand Unified manager 5.1 which is the FCS release and 5.0.2 which is GA.

If for some specific reason you still want to go with 4.0.2 I strongly suggest you to go with 4.0.2D12 instead of vanilla 4.0.2. Below is the link to the same.

http://support.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/dfm_win/4.0.2D12/download.cgi

Regards

adai

1VINAYKUMAR

Hi Adaikkappan,

I am getting below error message. is there anyother way if i can download DFM 4 or 5 version.

Unauthorized Access

adaikkap

Hi Vinay,

If you have a valid NOW id you shouldnt face this problem. Pls check your NOW id.

Regards

adai

1VINAYKUMAR

I have a guest Id and wanted the datafabric manager for learning purpose. I have downloaded Netapp simulators and wanted to learn the Operation manager part connecting with simulators. please let me know is there any way to get the software or any DFM simulators if available.

adaikkap

Hi vinay,

Pls work with your sales REP.

Regards

adai

1VINAYKUMAR

Hi Adai,

Thanks for your reply. is there any option for using the software DFM for a trial period. as most of the companies offer.

Public