Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Oncommand system manager colums sort

francoisbnc

Hi,

I just installed ONTAP 8.3.1 on new systems and I'm looking for a columns sort in volumes view in Oncommand System manager

Actually I can just filter.

It's missing or I did something wrong.

Help appreciated

François

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Livewire18

That has been a complaint for a while now. In 7 mode, you can filter on most columns (including space used) but in Clustered OnTap you lose a lot of the sort options and can only filter. It has been requested to fix this, but not sure when it will get fixed.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Livewire18

That has been a complaint for a while now. In 7 mode, you can filter on most columns (including space used) but in Clustered OnTap you lose a lot of the sort options and can only filter. It has been requested to fix this, but not sure when it will get fixed.

ericknoleto

2017, May 3, still can't sort columns, and I'm in cdto 9.1... Cmon NetApp..

ivan_huter

Come on NetApp - C-DOT 9.1P3 and no way to sort.

SvenBedrich

Running 9.1P12 and sort is still a most wanted feature ... take you time NetApp i'm sure you wil fix that soon Smiley LOL

ericknoleto

I'm in 9.3P4, still no sortable columns... Come on NetApp.

penangmis

Still no sort function in Ontap 9.5...  very poor from NetApp. 

Very poor GUI interface and many functionality are missing. This is making administrator work difficult.

NetApp should instead build up user friendly GUI that almost cater for most task at least 90%.

niels

I feel your pain. One would think sorting should not be that hard.

Sorting of tables is introduced with new and redesigned System Manager UI in ONTAP 9.7.

You might not find all the functions of System Manager Classic there though (yet).

Developing a UI is a journey. Additional features are added to 9.8.

regards, Niels

iotkb

Three weeks ago (yes, I double checked that), NetApp released Search, filter, and sort information in System Manager.

Isn't that great? 😎

Public