Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Operation Manager 3.8 - Licensed Feature Not Started Alert

jeras

One of my customers has upgraded to OM 3.8 from OM 3.7.  When the upgrade was completed, the alert status on their various systems had changed from "OK" (Green dot) to the yellow "Warning" sign.  The alert was due to the iSCSI license being installed, but the iSCSI service was not started.

Is there an option to turn this warning off in Operations Manager 3.8?

Thanks!

Ken

4 REPLIES 4

prasads

Hi Ken

Just delete all these warning events related to iSCSI for these Storage Systems(SS).

The status of the SS will go back to 'Green'

Note:

The next time you turn on & off the iSCSI services, this event will be re-generated.

And the SS status will turn yellow color for 'Warning'

Regards,

Prasad

jeras

Thanks for the guidance!  As a follow-up question:

Is this a normal operation of the version upgrade?  I would have expected this alert to come up if I was enrolling a storage system for the first time, but since this alert was not present prior to the upgrade, it was a bit surprising to the customer to see these alerts pop-up suddenly when they weren't alerts with their functioning 3.7 system.

adaikkap

Generally upgrades takes care of such things like not changing the options.

but this was an event newly added in 3.8.

regards

adai

msaravan

Hi Ken,

You can not turn off this warning event. Instead, you can modify the severity of this event from Warning to Normal using "dfm eventtype modify" command.

root@lnx]# dfm eventtype list | grep -i iscsi

host-iscsi-service-down Warning host.iscsi_service_status

host-iscsi-service-up Normal host.iscsi_service_status

# dfm eventtype modify -v Normal host-iscsi-service-down

Modified event "host-iscsi-service-down".

# dfm eventtype list | grep -i iscsi

host-iscsi-service-down Normal host.iscsi_service_status

host-iscsi-service-up Normal host.iscsi_service_status

#

Note : This works only for the new events which are yet to be generated. To keep your systems in Green status, you need to delete all the old host-iscsi-service-down warning events and modify the eventtype as mentioned here. After this, your systems will never be put up in Warning state when they encounter host-iscsi-service-down events.

By doing this, you end up missing this host-iscsi-service-down warning event for the rest of your managed systems but you still receive them with Normal severity.

Regards,

Saravanan

Public