Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Operations Manager 4.0 - Default login/password setting for controllers?

reide

Is there a way to set a default login/password for controllers in Operations Manager?

When using Operations Manager, you can specify the global default Managed Host Options (Setup -> Options -> Security). These control what protocol will be used to communicate with the arrays and over what port.   However, there doesn't seem to be an option to specify the global default for login & password of the controller. This is annoying in shops where the customer has tens or hundreds of controllers that are being added to a new Operations Manager server. It appears you have to specify the login/password for each controller individually.

Is this option hidden somewhere or does it just not exist?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

Hi Earls,

Is there a way to set a default login/password for controllers in Operations Manager?

The short answer is No.

This is annoying in shops where the customer has tens or hundreds of controllers that are being added to a new Operations Manager server. It appears you have to specify the login/password for each controller individually.

But you dont have to specify it individually.Have you tried the following

Storage Systems with empty credentials on the DataFabric Manager server- You can select more than one controller at a time and set the credentials.

Similarly this is availabe for vfilers too.

Below is the link to the same.

http://<dfm server name/IP>:<8080or 8443>/dfm/edit/passwords?type=Filer

Replace the angle braces with your dfm server information.

Regards

adai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

adaikkap

Hi Earls,

The short answer is No.

This is annoying in shops where the customer has tens or hundreds of controllers that are being added to a new Operations Manager server. It appears you have to specify the login/password for each controller individually.

But you dont have to specify it individually.Have you tried the following

Storage Systems with empty credentials on the DataFabric Manager server- You can select more than one controller at a time and set the credentials.

Similarly this is availabe for vfilers too.

Below is the link to the same.

http://<dfm server name/IP>:<8080or 8443>/dfm/edit/passwords?type=Filer

Replace the angle braces with your dfm server information.

Regards

adai

sinhaa

Good Post. Nice Information.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

reide

Adai,

Excellent! Rather than a default login/password, this will do exactly what I need.  I've seen this screen 100 times but I guess I never paid attention to the lower half of the screen.

Thank you!

sinhaa

Hello reide,

You need to set login/password for every controller  that is added to DFM. There is no way to set this at a global level or group level if there is a common password for all. Ideally its not expected to have a common login/password for tens or hundreds of filers. But if it still is, this can be solved using a very small 2-3 lines of script in any good language. I can be provided you if you need it.

warm regards,

Abhishek

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public