Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Operations Manager Status

BrendonHiggins

I am wanting to deploy thin provisioning but need to get Operations Manager sorted out first.  The last couple of days have been spent resolving issues in the storage estate and everything is happy, however DFM is displaying a status of Warning.  At the start of this process I upgraded OM from 4.0 to 5.2 and resolved all the reported issues on the filers.  This changed the status from critical to warning.  After a couple of hours, I used the DFM CLI and Excel to ACK then delete all the wanting events.  But the status stayed at warning.  Looking for an easy fix, I selected 'nuke from orbit' and used the DFM purge command to clear out all the events. 

Still having problems with the status I used snmpwalk to discover what each filer was reporting. 

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public Filer_Name .1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.2.2.25.0

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.789.1.2.2.25.0 = STRING: "The system's global status is normal. "

Surprisingly one of the systems was reporting a volume 100% full, DFM was NOT alerting on this and was says the system status was NORMAL!  Anyhow, I fixed the issue but DFM still reports a 'warning' status.

It is my hope that the [Good Fairies,Easter bunny or Pixes] resolve the issue over night as part of a DFM clean up task.  But failing in that, any more ideas please?

Thanks

Brendon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrendonHiggins

The tooth fairy did not resolve the issue but after a nights sleep I was able to work out a different way to trouble shoot the problem.  For reasons not yet clear, the underlying problems are not being reported by Operations Manager.  Only the group status is indicating a fault.  To identify what the fault is, I have split out each filer into it's own OM group.  It is then simply a matter of working my way across the Group Status.

Physical Systems / Virtual Systems / File Systems / Aggregates / LUNs / Datasets / Resource Pools / Scripts

Each opens a table with all of the objects and their status.  Simply work down the list and resolve any issues.

Bren

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BrendonHiggins

Sorry - Reboot of OM box did not resolve the issue. 

BrendonHiggins

The tooth fairy did not resolve the issue but after a nights sleep I was able to work out a different way to trouble shoot the problem.  For reasons not yet clear, the underlying problems are not being reported by Operations Manager.  Only the group status is indicating a fault.  To identify what the fault is, I have split out each filer into it's own OM group.  It is then simply a matter of working my way across the Group Status.

Physical Systems / Virtual Systems / File Systems / Aggregates / LUNs / Datasets / Resource Pools / Scripts

Each opens a table with all of the objects and their status.  Simply work down the list and resolve any issues.

Bren

Public