Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Operations Manager download?

sether

Trying to evaluate this software, I got a temporary license from our vendor but there seems to be a "chicken/egg" type problem when it comes to downloading.

Searching the knowledge base says you enter the license during install, but the now.netapp.com won't let me download the software without a registered license. Is there some step I'm missing here?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

ravir

Hi,

If you have valid NOW ID, you should be able to download the software from the NOW link: http://now.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/software/ without requiring to enter the registered license key.

Thanks

Ravi

sether_1

I have a valid NOW login.. I can search the knowledge base, download system updates, fun stuff like that.

But the operations manager kit is listed as 'Not Active/Expired' on that link you gave and when I try to select a platform to download it, it says I have to request a license first.

My problem is technically solved, I got the software I needed from my vendor. But it still seems odd that software download is protected, when it requires a license to run at all.

Public