Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Operations manager - aggr not found

rozle_palcar

Hello,

I have problem with adding filer to Operations Manager. Discovery seems to be OK and I can se filer, version of Data Ontap, serial..., but there is no aggregate shown. I've tried to delete and again add filer to Operations Manager, but problem remains the same. Also I tried to "find" aggregate with command "dfm aggr add <aggr>". Version of OM is 4.0.2, on NOW and communities I haven't found any similar problems... Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Rozle

7 REPLIES 7

peter_lehmann

It looks like it is ONLY discovered, but nothing more.

Please diagnos the connectivity in:

"Member Details"

click on the Controller (link)

then in the left column on "Diagnose Connectivity"

There needs to be some user credentials in order to have more details then the Ontap Version being discovered.

Peter

agireesh

Hi Rozle,

After adding storage system, It takes some time to discover the aggregate. Please execute "dfm host diag <storage-system-name>" command and check the last updated timestamp for "fsTimestamp".

Monitoring Timestamps

Timestamp Name       Status   Interval     Default      Last Updated     Status   Error if older than ...

ccTimestamp          Normal   4 hours      4 hours                                14 Sep 16:01

cfTimestamp          Normal   5 minutes    5 minutes                              14 Sep 19:56

clusterTimestamp     Normal   15 minutes   15 minutes   14 Sep 19:49     Normal   14 Sep 19:46

cpuTimestamp         Normal   5 minutes    5 minutes    09 Sep 14:52     Error    14 Sep 19:56

dfTimestamp          Normal   30 minutes   30 minutes   09 Sep 14:53     Error    14 Sep 19:31

diskTimestamp        Normal   4 hours      4 hours                                14 Sep 16:01

envTimestamp         Normal   5 minutes    5 minutes    09 Sep 14:54     Error    14 Sep 19:56

fsTimestamp          Normal   15 minutes   15 minutes   09 Sep 14:57     Error    14 Sep 19:46

Other thing is you are using "dfm aggr add" command to list the aggregate. Please user dfm aggr list <aggr-full-name> command to list the added aggregate.

Or user "dfm aggr list | grep -i <aggr-name>" for linux and "dfm aggr list | findstr /-i <aggr-name>" for window.

If still aggregate is not discovered then use "dfm host discover <storage-system-name or IP>" command to run the all monitor, wait for some time (max 5 minutes) and check the aggregate

once again.

Regards,

Gireesh

rozle_palcar

First - thanks for your answers.

I checked connectivity and everything except ndmp (skipped) seems to be OK. fsTimestamp is marked green and it is updated. Command "dfm aggr list <aggr_name>" doesn't show anything (there is no object named "aggr1"....). I have tried command "dfm host discover" serveral times, but after one day there is still no information about system excep basic information (hostname, serial, version DOT....).

Is there anything that I have to check on filer?

Best regards,

Rozle

agireesh

Hi Rozle,

Could you please send the output of below commands.

1. dfm host diag <storage-system-name>.

2. dfm aggr list <storage-system-name>.

3. dfm service list

4. dfm version

5. dfm user role list <your-admin-user>.

Also ping your storage system from server where you install the dfm server.

Regards,

Gireesh

dhruvd

Rolze,

The following from your diag output :

dfTimestamp          Normal   30 minutes   30 minutes   09 Sep 14:53     Error    14 Sep 19:31

fsTimestamp          Normal   15 minutes   15 minutes   09 Sep 14:57     Error    14 Sep 19:46

Indicate that your fs and df monitors have not been successfully competing and are in error state, as a result of which the aggregate details are not getting updated.

Request you to upload the dfmmonitor.log file if possible since that would contain details about the failure of the monitors.

As stated by Gireesh, request you to add the output ' dfm service list' .

Also, can you confirm as to which user you are logged in as, and what are the the roles associated with the user using 'dfm user role list <your-admin-user>'

msindhu

Hi,

Please check whether the dfm monitor service is in runningstate.

Execute the command “dfm service list” and check for state of “monitor” service.

Thanks,

Sindhu

rozle_palcar

Hello,

I looked at dfmmonitor.log like dhruvd suggested and I found error:

[DFMMonitor:ERROR]: [3544:0xe2c]: The file system containing C:/Program Files (x86)/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM/data/ has only 7.5% free space remaining, and the monitor requires 10.0%; suspending monitoring.

I changed minimum percentage with command "dfm options set monMinFreePercent=3" and again execute command "dfm host discovery". Now DFM shows full information about system, so problem is solved

fyi: Service monitor was showing like everything is ok, but obviously monitor was suspended...

sql: started

http: started

eventd: started

monitor: started

scheduler: started

server: started

watchdog: started

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Rozle

Public