2010-10-15 01:31 PM
You could certainly auto-launch it by putting it in your Windows Startup folder (assuming you're using Windows) or .profile (if Linux).
I do not think there is a way to have it automatically log into the DFM server. I don't believe we save your credentials anywhere.
2010-10-15 09:36 PM
I'm assuming you want NMC to be launched as soon as your system boots. You can do this by the following steps.
1. go to your StartUp dirrector in start -> Programs(or All Programs) -> StartUp. Click on the folder and startup folder opens.
2. Right click mouse and new -> Shortcut.
3. Add the target as C:\Program Files\Netapp\Management Console\bin\nmconsole.exe or where ever you've installed you NMC.
4. Next time you reboot your system, NMC will start on its own.
Linux: You must set the DISPLAY environment variable to a valid X11 server display.
1. Create a synbolic link to you your NMC like /usr/bin/nmconsole-Rsumo3.0.1xN_100925_0330 using command
ln -s /usr/bin/nmconsole-Rsumo3.0.1xN_100925_0330 /etc/init.d/nmconsole-Rsumo3.0.1xN_100925_0330
Remembering password is not supported as of now.
2010-10-25 08:43 AM
I guess what I am trying to do is currently not possibledue to the credentials not being saved. I guess I will have to come up with a service account for the shared console.