Subscribe

OpsManager / Protection Mgr 4.0.2 - ESX "Aware" on Restore Preference step in Restore Wizard??

I just installed OpsManager 4.0.2 (Managability Software 3.0.2).

I have a Snapvault session setup with Protection Manager and when I go to the Restore Wizard to restore a specific object, the Restore Preference screen gives me an option (although greyed-out) to select an ESX server to restore to.  How do I get this component activated?  It is "greyed-out" in my selection panel.   Do I need to re-create my old snapvault backup policy?

Is this something new in OpsManager 4.0.2 (Protection Manager)?

OpsManager / Protection Mgr 4.0.2 - ESX "Aware" on Restore Preference step in Restore Wizard??

hi.

This feature of backing up and restoring 'VMs, entire ESX' is existing from DFM 3.7 and not new in 4.0.2.

What primary data are you protecting - are they VMWare VMs? You can only restore VMs(data file, configuration file) using this 'ESX server' option in this page and not volumes, qtrees, non-qtree data.

I found out that this is part of the OSSV solution for ESX.   As long as OSSV in installed in the Service Console, you can use this feature.