Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

PAM monitoring?

emanuel

Do any of the versions of OM support monitoring PAM hisotrical information?

I am running 3.8 ... its solid and stable here but having the ability to store historical PAM information would be wizard.

22 REPLIES 22

RichardSopp

That KB article is a great walk-through.  I must admit I have got out of the habit of searching the support site as you used to get so many irrelevant search results.  Since the recent(-ish) facelift and the dedicated knowledge base site the results now seem to be more accurate.

The one remaining question is can these counters have thresholds and alarms on them.  As there diag counters I don't believe so (see thread http://communities.netapp.com/message/47299#47299 regarding label counters).  BTW is there an easy way to tell which counters are label counters in performance advisor because I'm hitting a similar issue trying to capture and alert on vscan_stats (apologies for not sticking to the topic of the original thread - I always had problems following rules ).

adaikkap

Hi Richard,

There are two things on which thresholds are not supported in PA.

1. Unmanaged Objects, like processors and flash card. ( Basically those that are not available in Ops-Mgr but in PA)
  2. A label counter.(It is of the format.appliance-name:object-name:instance-name:counter-name:label1-name:label2-name)

Regards

adai

Public