Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Packaging NetApp Managemnt Console

fenton

We have a customer that wishes to package the Management console (v3.8) for internal deployment, can they just use the nmconsole-setup-2-3-win32.exe file or do I need any other config type files?

TIA

Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichardSopp

Hi Rich,

I'm a customer who packages the NMC for internal deployment.

Technically the exe file is all you need.

I make some customizations in terms of default ports I use for communication between the NMC and the DFM server.

So as part of my package I include a config.xml file which defines the protocol and port that the NMC will use by default (this saves someone having to set this manually first time).  The install location of the config.xml file will vary by platform.

Example of config.xml file is attached to this post as it didn't make the first post response I made via email (the port number shown, 4321, is just an example):

For any of the DFM engineers reading this thread can we start getting these packages as MSI format and not the legacy setup.exe format?

Also can we get an option added in DFM that prevents users from downloading the NMC client from within the Operations Manager GUI?

HTH

Richard

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RichardSopp

Hi Rich,

I'm a customer who packages the NMC for internal deployment.

Technically the exe file is all you need.

I make some customizations in terms of default ports I use for communication between the NMC and the DFM server.

So as part of my package I include a config.xml file which defines the protocol and port that the NMC will use by default (this saves someone having to set this manually first time).  The install location of the config.xml file will vary by platform.

Example of config.xml file is attached to this post as it didn't make the first post response I made via email (the port number shown, 4321, is just an example):

For any of the DFM engineers reading this thread can we start getting these packages as MSI format and not the legacy setup.exe format?

Also can we get an option added in DFM that prevents users from downloading the NMC client from within the Operations Manager GUI?

HTH

Richard

raja

Richard,

> Also can we get an option added in DFM that prevents users from downloading the NMC client from within the Operations Manager GUI?

A workaround is to move the install files out of their current location - <dfm-install-dir>/web/clients.

# pwd
/opt/NTAPdfm/web

# mkdir clients-bak

# mv clients/* clients-bak/

This will make the link to download the clients disappear from the OM UI. The page will still be there, but with no links.

Thanks,

Raj.

RichardSopp

Raja - thanks for the tip.

Worked like a charm in my lab environment.

Just need to put a simple post install script in our internal package and should be good to go.

Richard

fenton

Superb Richard - Thanks for sharing

Public