Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Performance Issue

deygaurab

Hello Friends,

I am facing performance issue one one of my windows server in fcp. I checked the latency on performance advisor and the latency is found to be 20 ms at time which is slighly above than the desired. I am thinking of playing with the HBA queue debth of the window's server?  Also how can I check the memory (physical and nvram) activity on the controller?

Many thanks in advance for your suggesyions..

Regards

Rahul

3 REPLIES 3

SUDHEER_H21

You might want to check " sysconfig -v " to verify system memory size on the controller.

deygaurab

Thanks Sudheer,

Guess, perf stat can only give me a statistic of the memory activity of the controller... My controller is 6210, It has 8 fibre channel ports. 2 of them(3a and 3b) are not used. how can I validate this information from the command line? Will sysconfig -v show this information if 3a and 3b ports are connected and configured?

I am looking at the HBA queue depth settings.. How can I check the HBA queue depth of the target fibre channel ports of the controller?

Thanks for your response

Regards

Rahul

SUDHEER_H21

" fcadmin config " lists all available FC ports and their current settings. Have no idea about the HBA thing.

Cheers.

Public