Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Performance reports in OC5

Hello,

I have few questions in regards to performance reports in OC5:

• Are the performance reports available only in the old web-ui or I just cannot find it?
  • Is there any way to create a schedule for performance report specifying the time frame (-P option in dfm report view) ?
  • What is the default value of this parameter? Is it "last" ?
  • What is the behavior or "last"? is it for time-frame from previous run of particular report regardless of it's parameters (object/group, -P option used) ?

I could not find this in the manual...

Re: Performance reports in OC5

Hi,

Performance reports are available only in the legacy UI and the default value is the latest  sample value.

In the UI "–P" option is not supported.

-Kjag

Hi

I would request you to take a look at the following GSS course to find what reports are available where. For an in-depth training take a look at the GSS course for Reporting with OnCommand 5.0.

http://learningcenter.netapp.com/dmsv2/SSORedirectionService?ObjectType=WBT&ObjectID=00232738

Now to answer your specific questions.

• Are the performance reports available only in the old web-ui or I just cannot find it?

Yes they are available only in Operations Manager Console, and not in OnCommand Console.

• Is there any way to create a schedule for performance report specifying the time frame (-P option in dfm report view) ?

AFAIK, its not supported to schedule a report with -P option.

• What is the default value of this parameter? Is it "last" ?

Yes.

• What is the behavior or "last"? is it for time-frame from previous run of particular report regardless of it's parameters (object/group, -P option used) ?

Its it the last sample value collected by PA.

But for viewing a report in UI, you can use the custom defined time period for performance reports.

Regards

adai

Thx a lot Adai.