Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Performance reports

Mattvo36

Hello there,

I'm demoing Insight Perform right now and it looks great so far.  I'm able to get some really good detailed information about the volumes.  What I can't seem to figure out is how to run reports, or what reports are available to me.

I looked at the documentation and found this:

1. From the OnCommand Insight portal, select Reports > Insight Perform Report.
    1. Set these parameters to generate the report.
    3. Report on: select Last hour, Last day, or Last week.
    • The number of utilized/underutilized Hosts, Arrays and ISLs: enter a number.
    • Unutilized Volumes Traffic Threshold (MB): enter a number.
    • Unbalanced ISLs Index Threshold: enter a number.

1. Click Generate Report.
    1. Use the report tabs in the spreadsheet to examine this utilization information:
    3. Summary shows the start and end timestamp for the measurements taken, the performance threshold you have set for the host and the ISL (Inter-Switch Link) Balance Index.
    • Top 10 most and least utilized hosts allows you to assess the effectiveness of load balancing in the storage network. Highly utilized storage devices experience near-threshold data traffic, indicating the possible need to relocate applications to less utilized storage arrays. The Most Utilized list also helps determine whether redirecting data traffic going to ports of specific arrays through under-utilized storage ports will alleviate the potential for bottlenecks. A low distribution percentage in the Least Utilized list indicates that the storage device has been used very little over the designated time period and has neither received nor sent much data, making it a good candidate for new storage allocation.
    • Unutilized Volumes list summarizes the storage resources in the SAN that are not being utilized at all and which are available.
    • ISL Balance Index is the Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Balance Index, a calculated Standard Deviation, that measures how balanced the load is across switch ports.
    • Unbalanced Devices is the balance index, a calculated Standard Deviation. It is a measurement of how balanced the load is across switch ports. The further away from 1 that the ISL Balance Index is, the more likely the host load is going to be imbalanced across switches. A high value (above 50) signifies a ratio problem between the host ports; that is, some ports are experiencing a large amount of traffic and others a very low amount, indicating a potential problem. This demonstrates the need to balance data flow across ISLs.

It seems pretty easy but I don't have a Reports button.  What am I missing?

Thank you for your time and help

Matt

11 REPLIES 11
Public