Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Performance warning messages

modugu

I am seeing below messages in logs ,

This is on windows 2003 server,

can someone shed some light on these warnings ?

I. 09/17 11:19:48. Performance warning: Database file "F:\Program Files\Netapp\DFM\data\monitordb.db" consists of 27 disk fragments^M
I. 09/17 12:45:53. Performance warning: Database file "N:\NETAPP\DFM\data\monitordb.db" consists of 3 disk fragments^M
I. 09/18 08:21:42. Performance warning: Database file "N:\NETAPP\DFM\data\monitordb.db" consists of 10 disk fragments^M
I. 09/18 08:33:51. Performance warning: Database file "N:\NETAPP\DFM\data\monitordb.db" consists of 14 disk fragments^M
I. 09/18 08:37:42. Performance warning: Database file "N:\NETAPP\DFM\data\monitordb.db" consists of 14 disk fragments^M
I. 09/18 08:46:54. Performance warning: Database file "N:\NETAPP\DFM\data\monitordb.db" consists of 14 disk fragments^M
I. 09/22 10:57:53. Performance warning: Database file "N:\NETAPP\DFM\data\monitordb.db" consists of 31 disk fragments^M
I. 09/22 12:28:57. Performance warning: Database file "N:\NETAPP\DFM\data\monitordb.db" consists of 31 disk fragments^M

I. 09/17 13:45:19. Performance warning: No unique index or primary key for table "cifsSharesAcl" in database "monitordb"^M
I. 09/18 08:56:38. Performance warning: No unique index or primary key for table "userReports" in database "monitordb"^M

2 REPLIES 2

prasads

Hi Srikanth,

Is this a test DFM server?

I think you need to run "dfm database reload"

Don’t forget to take a database backup, before you do a reload.

If the issue still occurs, try the windows disk defragment tool.

Regards

Prasad

leonliu

Database files contains fragments are normal. It's like you're writing an article on a piece of paper.

After a few revisions, your paper wold consists of a few "segments."

DB reload is like copying the articles to a new piece of paper.

I usually recommend reload only when the DB has more than 100 fragments or the DB is very loaded, i.e., performance sensitive. Make sure you have enough disk space which contributes to disk fragmentation.

About missing primary keys, we are aware of these warnings. Thanks.

Leon Liu
DFM DB engineer

Public