Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Possible to keep snapvault baseline in DFM while moving to another source system (32->64)?

dennisvisser

For a customer I am building a new metrocluster next to an old one. The older filer is a FAS3020 with DOT7.2.6.1.

The customer wants the new fabric metrocluster be build next to the old one.

After testing the idea is to snapmirror the data from the older filer (32bits volume) to the new fas3240 with DOT8.1 (64bits volume).

Volume snapmirror is supported, but i wonder how i can keep the original baseline snapshot that goes to an external fas2040.

This fas2040 will not be updated/migrated.

As far as I know DFM keeps track of the source volumes based on fsid. Probably it keeps track of the filer based on its serial number.

Is there a way that I can keep the original baseline (normally without DFM it would be done with snapvault modify).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

abuchmann

By DFM you mean protection manager?

I did the same a few days ago without problems:

1. dfbm primary dir relinquish <primaryfiler>:/<primaryvol>/<primaryqtree>
  2. remove the primary volume via NMC GUI
  3. migrate your data
  4. do a snapvault modify and update on the secondary
  5. dfbm primary dir add <secondaryfiler>:/<secondaryvol> <primaryfiler>:/<primaryvol>/<primaryqtree>
  6. import the newly detected releationship into your dataset via NMC GUI's External Relationships

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

abuchmann

By DFM you mean protection manager?

I did the same a few days ago without problems:

1. dfbm primary dir relinquish <primaryfiler>:/<primaryvol>/<primaryqtree>
  2. remove the primary volume via NMC GUI
  3. migrate your data
  4. do a snapvault modify and update on the secondary
  5. dfbm primary dir add <secondaryfiler>:/<secondaryvol> <primaryfiler>:/<primaryvol>/<primaryqtree>
  6. import the newly detected releationship into your dataset via NMC GUI's External Relationships

dennisvisser

Sounds easy . I will test this scenario. THX

PS: yes I ment Protection manager, or should I say On Command .... (Somehow i can't keep track of all the name changes for this product)

Public