Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Problems when passing a certificate to WFA commands

Hi,

I need to install a certificate on a clustered Data ONTAP controller with help of WFA.

When I insert a certificate (pem format) in a user input field of type string and pass this input via a variable into a WFA command then "Install-NcSecurityCertificate" is throwing error "Failed to read Certificate". When I use "Install-NcSecurityCertificate" in power shell CLI then the same certificate (pem format) works fine.

I asume that WFA is changing the content of the string input field (especially the newline characters). But I am not sure.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Walter

Re: Problems when passing a certificate to WFA commands

Hi,

user input field  is usually used to provide single line of text, and it will remove end of line characters. As a workaround, you can specify the certificate file name in user input, and read the file content inside the powershell command, and then pass it to Install-NcSecurityCertificate Cmdle 

Re: Problems when passing a certificate to WFA commands

I am actually having this cannot read certificate error from the PowerShell CLI.  Any suggestions?  I am reading the contents of the file in to a variable.  I have tried several different ways and still no luck.