2011-06-13 03:56 PM
We are having trouble figuring out the best way to approach this. Somehow the base snapshot has been deleted on the source volume so now there is a failure in the job that says "base snapshot for transfer no longer exists on the source"
We have tried removing the volume from the dataset and re-adding it with no luck. In the lab I have re-produced the issue and completely cleaned up the snapvault relationships on the primary and secondary filers with snapvault stop, but it still will not re-create the relationship.
I am trying to get PM to show unconformance and force a re-baseline, but it keeps doing everything but!
2011-06-13 04:19 PM
I updated dfm options set dsConformanceMonInterval=1m and it finally bounced back with an unconformant policy. It looks like the secret is to stop the snapvault relationships, then let it rescan for conformance. There may have been a reaper process in there somewhere as well.
2011-06-13 04:20 PM
Here's a couple of things you could try.
First, make sure "snapvault status" on both systems does not show the relationship. Once that's the case, our monitor should delete the relationship from our database.
Alternatively, use the "dfbm primary dir delete" CLI to delete the relationship on the storage systems and from our database. I'm not 100% sure that works if the common snapshots have been deleted.