Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

QUESTION - Does critical event generate duplicate event identifiers?

sundaralingam

I keep getting alerts for criticalevents even after I set "Repeat Notify = no". I have not acknowledgedthe event. Is it normal behavior? If so is there any way to disable the notification(duplicate) without acknowledging the event.

I use dfm version 4.0

4 REPLIES 4

msindhu

Hi,

From the details which you have provided here it looks likeyou have created alarm for critical events.

It is a normal behavior that the server will update the same event till you acknowledge it. And if you set “Repeat Nofity=NO” then at least once you will get the alert.

In future if you don’t want the e-mail notification, then you can disable the alarm.

Please revert for further clarifications if any.

Thanks

Sindhu

agireesh

Hi,

It seems that you created alarm with

Severity: Critical or Worse

Event Name: All

Repeat Notify=NO

It means for each critical event you will get the email notification. Here you are not getting any repeated alarm,  there are lot of critical event generated in your setup due to that you are getting many email notification. Concept of repeated alarm is, for same event (Same event id) you will get repeated e-mail notification until you don’t resolve or acknowledge that event.

You can check alert.log for more details. Alert.log contains the info related to event id associated to alarm.

So, to avoiding many email notification we can create a alarm for particular event for which you want email notification or use event class to get the get the email notification on particular event class.

Please let me know for any further assignment

Regards,

Gireesh

sundaralingam

Thanks for response, I was getting repeated notification for same issue (Hardware failure notification). Let me validate the event id and confirm.

Regards,

Sundar.

pradeepl

This is an expected behaviour.Can you give the output of dfm alarm list.

Thanks

Pradeep L

Public