Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

QUESTION - Looking for the latest version of DFM for stability.

emanuel

Hello Everyone

I have a client that is currently running on a current release of RHEL ( I dont have the specific version on hand at the moment ) and is hosting DFM 4.0D12.  They want to upgrade to the latest codeline with emphasis on stability with the monitor.db process ( they have experienced previous outages with this process ).

They are monitoring 100 plus controllers worldwide; mainly 7.3.2P4 with some 8.0.1P2.  Primary function is monitor, alerting, and Performance Advisor.  They have around 2200 total volumes and 14400 qtrees created; expected to grow steadily ( in 12 months qtress could reach 30000 ).

I know that somewhere around 4.0D18 (?) 4.0 was branched to 4.0.1 and 4.0.1 and 4.0 have continued to march on but I would say a fair guess is to move them to 4.0.1X.  At another site I am running 4.0.1D5 but am curious to see if D6 or later is out.

Part of this project is to also try to reduce the stress on the DFM servers with all these objects being monitored ( I will open a separate discussion on that one )

Thanks, Emanuel

3 REPLIES 3

adaikkap

4.0.2 is the latest DFM version which has all D patches of 4.0 and 4.0.1 rolled up into one.

Regards

adai

kryan

Emanuel, do not upgrade yet.  4.0.1D5 has fixes in it that are not in 4.0.2 and the patch request you are waiting for (burt498982) could potentailly be on 4.0.1.x.

emanuel

Hello Kevin, this request is for a different client but this is good to know

Public