Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

QUESTION - Suspending Monitoring of a Controller

emanuel

Hello

I am going to be performing a series of negative testing on some controllers and I want to have DFM NOT alert on them or possibly event not EVENT on them; is there a method I can place the controllers in a quarantine zone?  Or use some commandline option to have them not be monitored during my test period?

If I delete the object and readd it, will i retain my history, performance history, and any relationships managed my Protection Manager?

This will apply to both DFM 4 and DFM 5.

Thanks, Emanuel

4 REPLIES 4

abhit

To stop monitoring delete the object. To monitor again, undelete the object. It will retain the history and relationships.

emanuel

Okay ... the command set in 4.0 ( later in 5.0 ) is dfm host add and dfm host delete; is the "undelete" sequence simply just a dfm host add again or is there a special switch you need to use?

reide

Re-adding an object

Data collection and reporting on an object resumes when you re-add (undelete) the object to the DataFabric Manager server database.

To re-add an object to the databas:

1.   Run the "Controllers, Deleted" report against the Global group to locate a deleted controller.

2.   Select the checkbox for the object you want to re-add.

3.   Click Undelete. DataFabric Manager server resumes monitoring the object and re-adds it to the database.

It should keep the same DFM object IDs that it had before, as DFM never really deleted it from the database.

emanuel

Okay ... I will run with this.

I am trying to mark this thread as answered but this new community format is not working well with my installed browsers ...

Public