Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

QUESTION - does a hardware event generate duplicate event identifiers?

emanuel

Hello all

I have a controller with an enclosure error and DFM is alerting as expected.  We will schedule a time to deal with the enclosure in the mean time, I am constantly getting alerts and I have acknowledged them.

Does acknowleding them turn off the repeat notify on the event?

Also as I look at the events themselves; even though this enclosure failure is the same module on the same system, the event IDs ( event identifier field ? ) are different; are new events being generated for the same error condition?  I would believe when the error is detected, the same event is kept active until it gets resolved.

Thanks, Emanuel

2 REPLIES 2

sinhaa

Hello Emanuel,

You are correct on both points.

acknowledging the event does turn off repeat notify for the alarm on that event. Also when an error/warning/critical event is generated its is kept until it gets resolved or the condition persists. So there won't be multiple events( with different eventIDs) generating on the same object for the same instance of the object state.

This behavior is common for all the events.

Now in your case, if its not, this needs some debugging.

Can you paste the event details here.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

emanuel

hello ... i am back looking at this; two events were generated by this shelf ( we do have a case open ) - just trying to tone down the alerts for this system.  I acknowledged them both ( the ERROR and CRITICAL ) events.  Lets see what happens next.

Public