Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Question regarding how to monitor for maxdir using OUM

smithch

Hello All--

I am working on a monitor that will allow me to alert on directories that are in a warning state for approaching maxdir size.  I obtained these steps that I have followed from this forum (I believe, but cannot seem to find the link anymore):

# dfm alarm create -E [email] -h maxdirsize-limit-reached --l 00:00 -m 23:59 -v Information

Once verifying the filer option `options wafl.maxdirsize`, I then triggered the alert condition on the filer by creating a directory exceeding that threshold.  I am seeing entries in /etc/messages but I am not receiving the alerst that I would expect to.

Has anyone tried this before that could provide me some additional feedback on what I might be doing wrong here?

Thank you,

CMS

2 REPLIES 2

adaikkap

The Max dir event and autogrow events in DFM is not by polling, instead SNMP traps from controller to DFM are converted as dfm events.

So in order to get these events triggered in dfm you will have to set DFM server as SNMP trap host in the controller.

Regards

adai

kryan

You might find this KB useful.

How to configure DFM Alerts for Volume Autosize, Maxdirsize Reach, or Snapshot Autodeletion

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1011987

Public