Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

SDW 6.1 and Protection Manager Integration for SMSQL

mskubski

Hello,

i hava a Problem connecting SnapDrive to DFM (Protection Manager). I require it for SMSQL SnapVault integration.

From CLI i get following output:

H:\>sdcli dfm_config list

List of DFM Servers

Exception occurred for SDManagedInterfaces::GetDFMConfigList() web service operationSystem.NullRefer

enceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ListDFMServers(CCommandLine* cl)

The operation completed successfully.

On my testserver the output looks a bit better:

C:\Program Files\NetApp\snapvault\bin>sdcli dfm_config list
List of DFM Servers
------------------

HostName        : 10.68.41.201
UserName        : Administrator
Port            : 8488
Protocol        : HTTPS
The operation completed successfully.

So, what can be the reason?

System is a MS Cluster with SQL 2005 Cluster installation. For SDW installation i have a local Administrator account. For SDW connection to PM i have a local Administration account on the DFM Server. So this should be o.k.

Thanx

MS

9 REPLIES 9

mskubski

on pm server i get followin in the event log:

Logon request for s050m035\pm_user (S050M035\pm_user) denied: 1326, Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

problem is i can not make changes in SnapDrive. I have two servers (cluster) and on both the same problem.

thank you

MS

watan

What version of Protection manager are you using?

The error looks like its a credential issue.  Have you tried the sdcli dfm_config set?

sdcli dfm_config set -host Host -user Username -pwd Password[-port Port]
-host specifies the hostname or IP address of the host running a DFM server.
-user specifies the username for the DFM server.
-pwd specifies the password to be used for the DFM server.
-port specifies a new TCP port. The default port is 8088 if a new port is not specified.

mskubski

Hello Allan,

yes, i tried it several times. it seams that it nor recognize the new user and password. Is there a file where i can change it?

thank you

regards

Maurice

watan

Have you restarted the snapdrive service after the set command?

mskubski

yes, i did this several times. we will do a new installation with a domain account ... thank you regards ms

watan

Unfortunately, it looks like the login information is encrypted and cannot simply be re-written to a file.  Only other option I can think of would be to try a re-install of SD and fill in the user information during the setup.  If this doesn't work you may want to open a support ticket to have a ontapDC reviewed.

KylePayne

Where you ever able to resolve this issue? I believe I ran into the exact same issue this weekend.  I started a thread (http://communities.netapp.com/message/22719) on it and I just found this through a google search.

clilescapario

I ran into the same problem. I knew that what I had set with sdcli dm_config was correct, but smsql just wouldn't create the dataset correctly. It ends up that you need to make a user in DFM that matches the service account that you are running smsql under, in addition to the account used by snapdrive.

See KB ID: 2014334 for instructions.

kryan

If I recall correctly, that started with SDW 6.2. It is referred to as RBAC support for SDW.

Public