Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

SanScreen 6.1:Failed to acquire Symmetrix [serial number]:null

jander37

I have an EMC data source defined with Solution Enabler (CLI) with CLI performance. Everything worked fine when all I had was a DMX-2500 array. When I added a VMAX array, the data source picked up the VMAX but failed on the DMX with the log message of "Failed to acquire Symmetrix:null. When I run a symcfg list command, both arrays show up. Has anyone else ever seen this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

smcgowan

Failing with Null indicates that in our recording we did not understand the configuration. You mention Vmax and most likely running some form of Thin-provisioning.  From a Technical standpoint,  I'd install the latest service pack to see if this resolves the issue. If this does not resolve the issue please open a support ticket and include the recording of the data source that's failing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

smcgowan

Failing with Null indicates that in our recording we did not understand the configuration. You mention Vmax and most likely running some form of Thin-provisioning.  From a Technical standpoint,  I'd install the latest service pack to see if this resolves the issue. If this does not resolve the issue please open a support ticket and include the recording of the data source that's failing.

jander37

The array that it is failing on is NOT the VMAX. It is the DMX, which

was working right up until we added the VMAX. That's what we don't

understand. There is no thin provisioning on the DMX array. If I exclude

the VMAX from the data source, it still fails.

pillard

A copy of the log file indicating the failure may give us additional insight as to what's going on. Could you attach it to this thread?

Public