Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Scheduling Performance Advisor Alarms

MRJORDANG

I can schedule Performance Advisor alarms with an active range of 6:00 am to 7:00 pm.  That is excellent.  However, I have some alarms that should only be triggered on weekdays between the hours of 6:00 AM and 7:00 PM.   Is it possible to specify that an alarm only be triggered on weekdays between the hours of 6:00 am and 7:00pm?

Thanks

Jordan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

reide

Performance Advisor's alarm facility doesn't currently have the ability to enable/disable alarms on specific days of the week.  However, this can be achieved using the host operating system's scheduling utility (cron facility or Windows task manager).  Using the DFM CLI commands, you can schedule a task to enable or disable a Performance Advisor alarm:

# dfm alarm disable <alarm-ids>

# dfm alarm enable <alarm-ids>

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

reide

Performance Advisor's alarm facility doesn't currently have the ability to enable/disable alarms on specific days of the week.  However, this can be achieved using the host operating system's scheduling utility (cron facility or Windows task manager).  Using the DFM CLI commands, you can schedule a task to enable or disable a Performance Advisor alarm:

# dfm alarm disable <alarm-ids>

# dfm alarm enable <alarm-ids>

MRJORDANG

Thanks Reid!   That will work perfectly.   Any idea if there are plans to add that functionality to PA in the future?

reide

I'm going to submit a request for enhancement to add this feature.  I've been asked multiple times about this, so obviously there is a demand for it.

Public