2011-08-30 05:49 AM
In the WebServices Primer there is the following example for submitting a job via a webservice:
$jobid = $wfa.executeWorkflow(1, ("ArrayIP=10.68.66.214", "AggrName=EMBHNA_aggr1","VolName=TestWS"))
1) How do I set the date and time of execution?
2) I would like to view the submitted job, preview the job and validate the input parameters.
3) After review I would like to set the job(s) to execute immediately
2011-08-30 02:18 PM
1) Scheduled execution via Web services will be supported on 1.0.1 release (End of September 2011).
The document will be updated to include that feature.
2) Preview is not available via WebServices. It is an interface for execution. When you execute a job, you can poll
on the JobID that is returned to get the status, and there you can verify whether the job indeed passed planning and
entered actual execution phase. I hope I managed to answer that becuase I am not certain I understood what the
3) OK, I may have missed something here. If the scenario is - Schedule a job to run later via WS, go into the GUI and
review it, and then make it run immediately via the GUI - I don't think it is doable right now.
You can go to the Execution monitoring screen and see the jobs there (JobId is the leftmost column).
Currently you cannot take a scheduled job and make it run immediately. You have to cancel it and re-run it immediately.
Can you specify a little bit more what you had in mind?
2011-08-31 01:12 AM
I am considering the following:
1) Other systems / departments submit jobs to WFA
a) I would like to check the jobs parameters
i) Part of testing / integration - Immediate execution means I have to roll errors back on the storage
ii) Validate Production jobs
b) An Operator / Engineer would like to launch the jobs one at a time in some cases
2) Data Migration
a) Move from old hardware to new hardware
b) Create an "Empty" system layout on the new hardware
c) Mirror all data to new hardware
d) Break the mirrors
e) Enable snapmirror and snapvault relationships for new hardware
a) An external tool plans the migration
i) Jobs: Creation of a set of vfilers - Many calculated parameters / settings
ii) Jobs: Creation of storage layouts - Many volumes, qtrees, LUNs etc
iii) Jobs: Creation of initial mirrors from old to new hardware
iv) Jobs: Break mirrors
v) Jobs: Establish new snapvault and snapmirror relationships
i) This would result in many jobs
ii) Currently I only have the possibility to validate the results after storage creation
iii) I want to run the migration step by step and validate everything is ok