Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Setting up NETAPP filer to domain

JEREMY_PREDGEN

SO i am trying to setup a net app filer to joining a domain so i can throw VMs on the netapp

however I keep on getting a timing issue even though both the domain controller and the netapp filer are set to the same time within 3 minutes

I know that the netapp filer can talk with the DC because when I type in the password incorrectly it tells me......

Enter the name of the Windows user [netapp@test.com]:

Password for netapp@test.com:

Could not authenticate with domain controller: Filer and Domain controller clocks are more than 5 minutes apart.

Filer and Domain Controller times must be synchronized in Active Directory domains.

Please verify that the time, date and time zone settings on both the filer and the

domain controllers are correct.

CIFS - unable to log into domain as netapp@test.com.

Please try again (Ctrl-C to exit).

Password for netapp@test.com:

Could not authenticate with domain controller: password for this account is incorrect.

CIFS - unable to log into domain as netapp@test.com.

Please try again (Ctrl-C to exit).

netappserver> date

Tue May  7 08:52:39 GMT 2013

First block of junk it telling me that the netapp server cannot authenticate with the DC because the clocks are more the 5 minutes apart.. even though they are not. How do I sync the filer and domain the AD before I have the filer join the domain.

Also I get the Could not Authenticate error only when i type the password incorrectly.

And finally I have the date format for the netapp server. Just to be sure the GMT means the GMT 0 which is london time?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jeremy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JEREMY_PREDGEN

I have figured this out!

I had daylight savings time set on the windows server.

Once I took out day light saving time and matched the time on netapp to the DC BAMM!! good to GO!!

So it was daylight saving time that had me at a wall.

Jeremy

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JEREMY_PREDGEN

I have figured this out!

I had daylight savings time set on the windows server.

Once I took out day light saving time and matched the time on netapp to the DC BAMM!! good to GO!!

So it was daylight saving time that had me at a wall.

Jeremy

Public