Subscribe

Snapcreator WFA issue

Ok, my disclaimer, i'm very green with WFA, i'm much more familiar with PS toolkit ...

So, i'm playing with Snapcreator and WFA as we have a specific need for a snapshot  in some scenarios, but i'm struggling with getting it setup.

I imported the dar file https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-27317

I installed ps toolkit for snapcreator without issue on the wfa server. (checked module)

Whenever i launch the workflow, i'm prompted with the below errror (Attached)

Any insight into what i'm doing wrong would be great.

Thanks

Re: Snapcreator WFA issue

This error is thrown because there isn't any table named "snap_creator_profile" created in scheme "Snap_Creator" as yet because there is no Data Source of this Scheme added and acquired. A new schema or the tables in that schema are not created in the WFA DB unless it run a Data Source acquisition at least once ( successful or failed).

I hope you have read and covered the prerequisites as mentioned in the doc.

So after importing the Dar in WFA, do the following:

1. Create a New Datasource of Type: Snap Creator - 1.2  from the drop-down menu of Type field and provide the credentials for your Snap Creator server.

2. Wait for the acquisition to be successful.

3. Now go to your workflow and execute. This time you won't see this error.

4. You can verify the schema and tables created and also the data acquired if you login to the WFA server using some mySql client with credentials (wfa/Wfa123)

Let me know if this worked for you.

-sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Re: Snapcreator WFA issue

Ok, i'm stuck..   Please clarify this point,

"I hope you have read and covered the prerequisites as mentioned in the doc. "

What doc and what pre-req?

Also, my datasource add looks very different. We are running WFA 2.1

Re: Snapcreator WFA issue

This error happens when custom datasources are exported without being reset first.  It isn't a big deal but means that you have to take an extra step. 

  1. Create a new Datasource using the SnapCreator Datasource Type
  2. Close the Datasource add window
  3. Edit the newly created Datasource
  4. Select the Scheme type (Snap_Creator) at the bottom and then click 'Reset Scheme'
  5. Hit Ok
  6. Select the Datasource and run the acquire again. 

This will force a recreation of the tables in your local WFA instance. 

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

Twitter: @virtpirate

Blog: www.virtpirate.com

Re: Snapcreator WFA issue

Pirate..

Ok, now i'm officially lost.. I See the snap creator scheme there from when I imported, but I don't see the reset scheme.  Also, I tried to create a new data source but failed miserably... 

Re: Snapcreator WFA issue

@This error happens when custom datasources are exported without being reset first.  It isn't a big deal but means that you have to take an extra step.

==

Correct. And this has been fixed in WFA 2.2

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Re: Snapcreator WFA issue

WFA 2.2 is RC1, I can't install RC.

Re: Snapcreator WFA issue

Can you install in your lab?

Re: Snapcreator WFA issue

Ok, If you look at Sinhaa's screencap, you should see what I mean.  You said that you failed to create the datasource.  What happened?  Did it fail to complete because the tables didn't exist?  If that is the case then it is the same issue.  Edit the Datasource and look at the bottom (again reference Sinhaa's screencap) and select the Scheme Snap_Creator.  Underneath is a button to reset the scheme.  Once you do this, run acquire again and everything should work... or at least get you past the errors about the tables.

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

Twitter: @virtpirate

Blog: www.virtpirate.com

Re: Snapcreator WFA issue

Ok, let me level set here.. my WFA knowledge is like a 0 :-)

Ok, so I went into designer mode and clicked data sources.  Found the snap creator data source and clicked "edit"


The screen capture is what I see.  That looks very different from the above post