Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Storage reporting

LARS_SKOV

I'm trying to setup storage reporting, and for that NetApp recommended the Oncommand Reporting server, but I have a hard time figuring out how to build reports that shows trends and capacity development. The IBM cognos tools that OCR builds on has that functionality, by for some reason I can't get the the analyze part and when I click on the Author business reports icon on the welcome page I get a new browser window, that is blank.

I have read in more threads in this community that OCR is a point in time tool, but I can't believe that's right. Why would you implement a reporting server without the capability to do reporting on historical data too. If I have to put in another tool for the historical reporting, I would rather select a third party tool, that can do both.

Hope someone can help me out here.

1 REPLY 1

alissa

Hi Lars,

What you've read in the threads is correct. OnCommand Report is a point in time tool and doesn't report on historical data. If you're looking for a tool that can do reporting and on historical data, check out OnCommand Insight. Insight has a more advanced reporting tool that provides information on capacity planning, chargeback and show back and much more.

Public