Subscribe

Re: Sys Mgr 3.0RC1 - Unable to load storage information from the configuration file

I have recently encountered all kinds of problem after my W7 workstation was patched with MS security updates and java 8 (java is nasty, isn't it?) regarding to NetApp SystemManager 3.1.2 (SM312).

First, the error is "500 Connection Refused"", then "HTTP XML Authentica​tion failed from x.x.x.x (DFM server) on Netapp controller", and last the KS file corruption.

I tried to remove java 8, then remove and re-install Java (jre-7u65) and SM312; did not work.

Of course, you have to install jre-7u65 and SM.

Next, recovere the SM.config file from C:\Users\myusername\NetApp\SystemManager using SMBackup.config, simply deleted the SM.config file then recreate the file using backup (you know how to do this, don't yuo?); deleted the KS file. This restored my previous connections to my filers,great, one step closer.

Next, putty to the filers (controllers) and run this command: "options tls.enable on", bingo, my SM back to work.

Thanks, guys. Good Luck.

Re: Sys Mgr 3.0RC1 - Unable to load storage information from the configuration file

Adding 127.0.0.1 to the extranet site is what fixed our issue.  Thank you for posting the solution

Highlighted

I Was getting error " Unable to load the storage systems as the configuration file of OnCommand System Manager is corrupted. For more information, see the following section in the Release Notes: Unable to Launch System Manager."   Adding 127.0.0.1 to intranet zone resolved my issue too.