Subscribe
Accepted Solution

System Manager 2.0 on 64 bit linux (again)

I understand that there might be an (unsupported) way to get system manager 2.0 to run on 64 bit linux.

If anyone has a procedure for this I'd sure appreciate seeing it - my customer is trying to hack the package with no luck - and since 64 bit linux is all they run it's hard to talk them out of trying this  - with everyone understanding that it is fully unsupported.

Past that - is this on the roadmap? Most people are running 64 bit these days - isn't it just a new compile?

Thanks,

Graham

Re: System Manager 2.0 on 64 bit linux (again)

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your comment.

64 bit LINUX support is on our Roadmap.

Thanks,

~Anjali

Hi grahamk,

I'm running System Manager 2.0 on Ubuntu 11.10 amd64, I've converted the .rpm package to a .deb package using "alien" (sudo apt-get install alien); I know it's not supported but It is working fine so far.

Cheers.

thanks for the help. i got it installed, but now can't figure out how to launch it.

windows guy trying to work on ubuntu

There's a file called "system_manager.desktop" inside "/opt/NetApp/oncommand_system_manager/2.0", copy that file on your desktop, right click it, select "Properties", then mark the checkbox "Allow executing file as program". Every time you double-click it it will launch.

Cheers.

you're awesome.

thank you

Has there been any update to this? When will we see a 64bit Linux version of Oncommand System Manager? I have a customer that needs it. Similar to Graham's situation above.

Thanks

-Mark

Hi,

It is already available in our beta. Do try it out and let us know your feedback.

https://communities.netapp.com/groups/oncommand-system-manager-2x-build-1-beta-test

Regards

Amrita

I could get it work like this:

http://ironman.darthgibus.net/?p=173

It worked fine for several weeks, then it is now stuck at "Loading systems", I don't really know why.

Are you using the beta or 2.0.2?

REgards

Amrita