Subscribe

System Manager 2.0R1 for OSX

I am pleased to announce the unofficial release of SystemManager 2.0R1 for OSX. As with the Beta release, please be warned that YOU CANNOT CALL NETAPP SUPPORT for any problems with the build. You can use this communities site for support but I should set the expectation that not I cannot jump on issues if it is outside of OSX.

Re: System Manager 2.0R1 for OSX

Greetings,

Following up on Jesse's Message, here is the Disclaimer on System Manager 2.0R1 for Mac OSX

============================================================================

We currently do not officially support Systems Manager on the Mac OSX Platform.

However, we do have a build (based on the current Systems Manager build) that will run natively on a Mac OSX platform.

As with the public beta of System Manager, this will be supported on a best-effort volunteer basis via the communties.

There will be no guarantee for support nor commitment to providing an OSX based client in future releases.

Please give us your feedback if you want to run Systems Manager on an OSX platform and of course feedback for the product itself.

============================================================================

Thanks for supporting System Manager.

Awesome thanks! The more native Mac OS tools the better, thanks again! : )

When i want to login to a System i can't authenticate. I got the following message:

Internal Server Error

==ERROR== com.netapp.nwf.client.communication.ResponseException  ==TIME== 2011-10-07 15:55:41,514  ==MESSAGE== Internal Server Error  ==DETAILS== No details are available.  ==CORRECTIVE ACTION== No suggested corrective action is available.  ==LOCATION== Location is not specified.  ==BROWSER INFO== App Name: Netscape App Version: 5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_1) AppleWebKit/534.48.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) App Codename: Mozilla User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_1) AppleWebKit/534.48.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Platform: MacIntel Cookie Enabled: true

What can i do?

O.k. i activated ssl on my simulator and i was able to login successfully. But the second system i tryed was a Ontap 8.1RC, here is ssl already active and i got the same error. And this was in a workshop, so i'm not able to test it again with different settings...

Please retry generating the SSL keys. "Secureadmin ssl.."

Try this

filer> options ssl.enable off

filer> secureadmin setup ssl

filer> options ssl.enable on

Fantastic option; thank you very much - native tools for OS X are a massive benefit for many sysadmins and a credit to NetApp.

Official support would be valuable; please take this as feedback that we definitely do want to be able to run NetApp management tools on OS X.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Just found this, works great on Snow Leopard as well.

Thanks very much for creating this build, really helps operation efficiency.

Thanks again!

thanks to everyone for posting the download but  i have a blue Netapp system manager screen when i just install the DMg file after zipping and placed the file inside /library/application/system manager also found this inside /Users/Administrator/Netapp/System Manager but no luck. i have following version of MAC server.

MAC version

Darwin max1 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun  7 16:32:41 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Java version

--------------------

java version "1.6.0_26"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03-384-10M3425)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02-384, mixed mode)

i have also removed systemmanager.config and relaunched System manager but even after that its still blue screen.

Can someone help me how to run and overcome this bluescreen (netapp system manager blue screen) .

BR,

Rushi