Subscribe
rle Former NetApp Employee

Re: System Manager question

Quotas will be in a System Manager release out around Feb 2010.  As for SnapMirror, I will reiterate what Cindy Cui wrote:

Due to resource constraints, there is no plan to support SnapMirror in System Manager as of right now.  We are

continuing evaluating the option and will update the field if things change.

When Steve wrote his blog in April 2009, resources were allocated differently.

- Rick -

Hi everyone.  Does anyone out there know if any progress has been made in regards to Sys Manager supporting Snapmirror relationships (failing over/failing back)?  I'm a big fan of Sys Manager as it makes the NETAPP environment more accessible & easier to learn to the junior staff for general administration of FAS systems (leaving the CLI commands for the hardcore SAN Admins).  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.  Merry XMas & Happy New Year to all!

Best,

- Jeff

Snapmirror capabilities has been a constant request from most users. It is definitely in plans. Maybe next major release might have it included, timelines being planned out.

rle Former NetApp Employee

To clarify what Nagendra wrote, SnapMirror is in the plans for System Manager 2.x with a current unknown release date.

As for SnapMirror in System Manager 1.x, I will reiterate what Cindy Cui wrote:

"Due to resource constraints, there is no plan to support SnapMirror in System Manager 1.x as of right now.  We are

continuing evaluating the option and will update the field if things change."

- Rick -

Netapp is much like Microsoft.  There are 3 ways to do the same thing.  However, there are over 5 differant tools that facilitate the 3 ways.  You just can't do it all from one place, at least not efficiently.